Sunday, July 21, 2013

MTC Meet-up

Hola! This is your daughter Hermana Gunter! I expected to be getting an email from my family earlier... but I guess I will just fill you in. My first day at the MTC was very fun! I didn't ever imagine it would be this great, but I have an awesome companion named Hermana Craven who also did gymnastics and loves Smallville!! The first night we talked to real investigators and it made my calling as a missionary seem more real. Now I have a purpose and I know what the Lord needs me to do. I bore my testimony to them about injuries and my personal experience after getting in my wreck. I was sobbing and felt the spirit so strongly; the most important thing while teaching investigators is inviting the spirit to teach the lesson. Tonight we have to teach our first investigator en espanol! I am so nervous because we haven't learned any spanish!! I barely know how to say a prayer and I can hardly say that I am a missionary. It will be tough but mi companera and I have been studying a bunch, so hopefully the lord will help us with the language. The hardest thing about the mission is not being able to talk to Tobee. I miss her so much. But everything I am doing here will hopefully bless everyone home. I have seen so many missionaries from high school and college I feel like its another EFY or college campus! I have felt the spirit so strongly that I know I can make it through as long as I listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Thank you for teaching me how to be independent and self-sufficient.

Love you all.

con amor,

Hermana Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment