Thursday, July 3, 2014

June 3, 2014

I didnt write everyone yesterday because I was in a conference for leaders in Posadas Argentina.  As always we have to travel 12 hours each time and my poor companion gets super car sick like me so it wasnt the funnest trip especially when the buses move like we  are in a boat on water.  Oh well I shouldnt complain.  But this week we have made plans to activate all the young men and women because there are no jovenes (young people) in  the ward.  All of them are married with kids or old and the church has no future.  So far...we arent seeing great progress but we have hope.
Also we had our investigator Elisa go to church on Sunday which was AWESOME and such a surprise along with Royer.  Royer is Marielas son and he woke up at 530 in the morning to walk to church.  He is AMAZING!  He told us that he knows that the book of mormon is true and he has already read all of Nephi.  I am so proud of him and Mariela.  There is a real spirit in their home and it is a testimony to me of the blessings of the spirit and the gospel in the family.  I love them so much.  
Some semana funnies:  We met a 16 year old boy who is dating a 35 year old woman.  And instead of pray for his mom and brothers who get beat by his dad each night, he prays for his girlfriend....WOW.  Also another college aged boy introduced me to his parents as his girlfriend when we were contacting him...UNACCEPTABLE...that was the end of that contact.  Not even mentioning when he tried to give me a kiss as we left...GRRRRRROSSSSSS
Well I love you all and hope you have a great week,
Hermana Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment