Sunday, November 22, 2015

break ups...


We started out the week having to give a presentation on how to work with wards and branches for the zone conference and I felt so inept to do that with all the problems that we have in our little branch...but like an obedient missionary I did it.  It was great to see all the other missionaries again. Afterwards, President Lapierre gave me a wonderful blessing that has helped me not be so worried stressed about all of the callings I have.  He actually said some pretty amazing things.  I cant quite remember all of them, but I do remember that he said that this is the first time that my soul has been taxed this much while thinking about all the needs of everyone I know.  He also told me that I can get revelations as well as other people and the the perfection is not a requisite to serve rather a goal. Now a feel a lot better.  We hopped on the bus then all of the sudden we get a call from our president saying that he had a reference for us waiting in his house.  He was a young man named Dario and so I set up an appointment with him.  The appointment came and as we started to ask him questions to find out what his needs were, he burst into tears telling us the hour long story of how his girlfriend of 2 years broke up with him and now he is so hurt that he cant focus on anything or even be around his house because everything reminds him of her.
Sooooo.....basically we just listened to a super long sobb story...and I have never ever seen any man ever cry that much for a girl!  It really ripped him apart.  It turns out that he had just lost his father too...and so I think it had all just built up and he was finally expressing himself.  We taught him the plan of salvation and he loved it but then at the very end of the lesson he said that he was going to call her again and see if she would respond....UGH! GET OVER IT! ya fue! He says he wants to move to Posadas to get away and start anew.  We keep telling him that if he doesnt face his problem he will never be able move on. Then on Sunday we went to his house to look for him and a lady (we suppose it was is mom) ran out to greet us.  But then we noticed that she cant speak...she was mute. She tried to communicate with us in sign language...Why didnt I take sign language in high school? It was so embarrassing because I did not know what to do and then I had to use my agenda to write messages to her in spanish so that she could answer me. IT was quite the experience.
God blessed us with some great youth that want to change their lives and have interest in the church.  We found them by another reference.  One of the boys is having problems with drugs and so we have to be helping and visiting them everyday.  We are just hoping that they can be examples to their parents so they too can be baptized.  They went to church yesterday and loved it. We also met another young man named Brayan Santiago and he is very spiritually ready to hear the gospel.  As we started the lesson he asked us a very inspiring question.  HE said, "How will I know if God is looking for me?" Como sabre si dios me esta buscando...and then we explained the restauration and at the end he said WOW...jaja He is great.  We will keep you updated on the progress. Love you all. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Hermana Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment