Sunday, November 22, 2015

Don Lorenzo

We have been so blessed to be able to work with a such a great soul and son of God Don Lorenzo.  He can hardly walk and doenst speak much spanish...mostly Guarani but could feel the power of the restored gospel in his life.  Just this Saturday he was baptized and in spite of his disability, with the help of an elder and the president of the branch, he was baptized and confirmed as a member of the branch.  We tried to sing a song to bring the spirit...I sang alto but we were so nervous and stressed that our voices were super shaky...and i am pretty sure i hit some bad notes.  But Lorenzo sure felt the spirit and love for the gospel because on Sunday he wanted to beat his small testimony in Guarani.  I was utterly shocked as her hobbled slowly up to the pulpit to tell the everyone that he felt good in the church and that he knows that Christ lives.  
Our other investigator Mariela is progressing so much and realizing the changes in her life that she is making.  I have seen her testimony grow and I am so impressed by her amazing example.  I can honestly say that she was chosen of God for this time.  She even fasted to be able to quit smoking this Sunday.  
We werent able to work as much as we wanted this week because we were preparing for the baptism, some of my sisters had some emotional problems and then my companions mom had an operation to get rid of her breast  cancer so she had permission to call her famiy.  So if you get a chance, Luckily, she is recovering fast we just hope that they dont find anymore or she will have to go on chemotherapy.  Please keep her in your prayers.  
Last of all, there were changes...but dont worry...I am staying in Pilar.  My companion is going to Argentina and leaves tomorrow!  I thought I would be the one leaving but the Lord needs me here.  I am fine with it because I can make sure that Lorenzo has an easy transition and that Mariela gets baptized but I am sad to see my companion leave because we got along really well.
Well I love you all,
Until next week,

Hermana Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment