Sunday, November 22, 2015

Susana

It is true, I have finally made it to the tourist zone!  Here in Iguazu we are so close to the falls and we live in a jungle.  Everything here is expensive and chuchi (that is how we say expensive here). We actually do a ton of contacts with american people! This week we celebrated Halloween in a branch activity that we planned!  It was super fun and we invited almost 100 people but only half of them showed.  We are trying to bring the tradition here... jaja But we enjoyed ourselves anyways.  We did bobbing for apples, facturas on a string, and toilet paper mummies.  We also we almost taken over by scorpions and cocroaches this week...I think that was what scared me most.  Being a jungle, Iguazu sure has some weird looking creatures crawling around.  We also have about a dozen slugs chilling in front of the apartment.  
As for our investigators, Susana and her children finally showed up with 2 of her 7 children.  It was a miracle.  It has been 3 weeks that we have been working to get her to come to church. Enzo our little trooper also came to church....but once again without his mom.  I was so discouraged because when we got there she was still asleep and he was all ready to go....she had also told us that she had left town for awhile, not for work, rather for going to jail for drugs.  She is changing her life little by little but it is hard for her to gain the confidence of her children again.  I think she is just scared that people will judge her at church. 
We are working so well together my companion and I!  We find new people all the time!  I just love her enthusiasm.  I will be sad to see her leave...since I she only has a month left before going home.  Well that is the news of the week...have a good one!
oh and a great side note, I HATE THE BUSES HERE!  I THREW UP 4 TIMES ON OUR WAY TO OUR MISSION CONFERENCE IN POSADAS.

Hermana Gunter


No comments:

Post a Comment